Saturday, June 7, 2014

good stuff


We found some good things at the brocante this week including several issues of Marie-Claire magazine from 1938 and 1939. Too fascinating! In amazing condition too. 

Along with knitting patterns, garden tips and beauty advice there are items for the strong of stomach such as how to transform that fox that your hunter husband just killed into an elegant stole! I kid you not!








An ad for 'Beauty Rubbers" to be worn for 30 minutes a day to smooth your wrinkles and lift your saggy bits!

All the above will be in my shop shortly.



2 comments:

  1. I finally managed to throw out my mother's fox stole when my father died and she moved in with us. It had been made from a fox that my uncle had shot about the time of your magazine finds. As a child I remember getting out of bed with my bare feet standing on a wolf rug which similarly had been shot by the same uncle in northern Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure my Mum still has a rabbit hat confectioned by an aunt. I also have memories of my aunts wearing fur stoles with head and feet attached. I think I was more fascinated than horrified as a child.

    ReplyDelete